Saturday, May 28, 2016

Week 3

Librarian:  Hello, how may I assist you?

Customer:  Yes, I am looking for something good to read.

Librarian:  What is the last thing that you read?

Customer:  I just retired and want to get back into reading.  I use to read books about people.  I like to know what kinds of  lives real people live/lived.

Librarian:  Okay. Great!  So you like to read about people.  Are you interested in people who are entertainers, politicians, sport celebrities.  Have I named a category that interests you yet?

Customer:  Well, I am more interested in ordinary people.  People who have lived difficult lives and somehow they preserve.

Librarian:  Okay, Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home.  This is a story about a young lady, Rhoda, who grew up in a traditional Mennonite home and after her husband leaves her she returns home to heal from the end of her marriage and from a very serious car accident.. The author recounts the events of her life with humor and brilliant insight.  I don't believe that you will be able to put this book down.

Customer:  I don't know.  I am not sure about the religion part.  


Librarian:  The book is not preachy. Religion is used to help you understand the person upbringing and in Rhoda's case her fierce determination to overcome obstacles.


Customer:  I will try it.


Librarian:  Would you like a second choice or a different choice?


Customer:  No, You seem pretty excited about this book. I will try it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment