Thursday, June 2, 2016

Week 4

I signed up for Goodreads several years ago but never really used it.  I rely on my BCPL account to document the books I read.

Goodreads is an excellent resource for people who like to read series, like to know when the the next book by their favorite author will be published, and who like to share their reading habits with others.

Using Good Reads as a social media platform can be valuable to virtual book clubs. I know several adults who belong to virtual book clubs. The book clubs usually consist of family members and/or college friends who want to stay connected. 

I set up four shelves. Which after setting up the shelves, I felt that my reading habits were a bit narrow. But then again if you don't read African American authors and you need to make a recommendation, my list might come in handy.

I requested three BCPL staff members who are current BeMoreBookish participates to be friends.  I looked a Kelsey's page and we have read a few of the same books.  I have read all of Jacqueline Woodson's and Jerdine Nolen's and David Sedaris' books.

Here's a picture of my daughter with Jacqueline Woodson at Great Books.  Great Books was a BCPL annual book event.  The event featured primarily children's authors and library staff from around the state would attend.  It was a great readers advisory tool.

2 comments:

  1. Gina,

    Send me a recommendation of a book you really enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. Please checkout this site for a great review.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127475483

    ReplyDelete