Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 9

Books trailers can be described as book talks for visual learners. However,  I do not think that authors need to rely on book trailers to promote their work. Book lovers rely on book covers, their favorite authors, word of mouth, and recommendations.  Radio talk shows and podcast are also helpful.




This link is a recent article on book trailers and it also includes an interview with Jonathan Franzen. discussing his disdain for book trailers even while he is doing a book trailer


The Curious Case of the Self-Loathing Lit-Fic Book Trailer. I have watched several trailers and for the most part they do not make me want to write the book.  They either have been really lame or dry.




I did a YouTube search on book trailers posted for that last month. For the most part, they seemed to have zero to twenty five views.  The question then becomes, "Why are they still being made?".  My best guess is that they are school assignments designed to help teachers, storytellers, librarians learn to do book talks. 


Check out these articles about the role book trailers play in marketing a book.


Are Book Trailers a Marketing Must-Have?


Do Book Trailers Work?


http://mashable.com/2016/02/03/book-trailers-stop/#Ui43GLW8yOqo



WRAP UP:

I am really glad to have completed this project.  Completing it took more time than I thought it would.  Being reminded that I had a goodreads account was good and following  Daily Beast Books was also a plus.





No comments:

Post a Comment