Sunday, July 10, 2016

Week 7 new

Assignment 1
The "What to Read Next" document would have been helpful if it was a living document and interactive.  I took some time to look for a more resourceful site and found  "Your Next Read" check it out.

Assignment 2
I read Who is Buying Teen Books? Christian Science Monitor Sep 14, 2012 and A Not So Young Audience for Young Adult Books New York Times, Oct 17, 2012.  

Based on my limited reading of young adult fiction, I find the characters and plot to be dark, foreboding, and angsty. So it surprised me that so many adults read young adult fiction.

Check out this video!



Assignment 3
Most of the blogs are not current. 
The Official Blog of Shannon Hale is only current because there is information about participating in a fundraising auction. Ms. Hale has not posted on her blog since January 2016.

School Library Journal: Someday My Printz Will Come (Seasonal) is current because it is a seasonal publication. June has been posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment